New Civic Si launched
* New trim for Civic five-door * Sporty styling * Prices from 15,800...
Honda has launched a sporty new Civic five-door model.
New Si trim includes a similar range of upgrades to the three-door Type S versions, along with a look that's influenced by the Civic Type R hot hatch.
Si models get the following upgrades:
• Colour-coded bumper and wheelarch trim
• Unique front grille
• Front foglights
• Graphite-coloured 17-inch alloy wheels (16-inch on 1.4 models)
• Dark chrome door handles and fuel cap
• Half-leather interior
• USB port
The following equipment also comes as standard:
• Climate control
• Steering wheel stereo controls
• 16-inch alloy wheels
• Four electric windows and
• An auxiliary input socket
Prices from 15,800
There's a 850 premium for Si over SE trim, and it can be specified with any of the three engines available. The full price list is:
• Civic Si 1.4 i-VTEC 15,800
• Civic Si 1.8 i-VTEC 16,600
• Civic Si 2.2 i-CDTi 18,160
Four colours are available: Milano Red, Alabaster Silver Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl or Deep Sapphire Blue Pearl.
Honda says the new Civic Si models will go on sale later this year, but have yet to confirm a date.
The launch of Civic Si model coincides with a 'streamlined' five-door Civic 5dr range. The line-up now consists of SE, Si, ES and EX GT trim.
Best small SUVs 2023
Thinking of buying a new small SUV? Then make sure you read our rundown of the top 10 cars in this booming sector – plus, find out which ones we'd avoid
Renault Megane E-Tech long-term test
The latest Renault Megane has gone electric, and its styling is part hatchback and part SUV. But what's it like to live with?