* All the cars from Frankfurt show * News, photos and videos * Replay our live coverage to see how the show unfolded...
• New trim levels added
• Others dropped
• On sale now
Seat'supdated Leon range is here at Frankfurt. The key change is a simpler model line-up. SE, Sport and Cupra models have been dropped, while FR trim has been re-aligned and a new FR+ trim has been introduced.
The new FR models are available with either 1.4 TSI petrol or 2.0 TDI (138bhp) diesel engines: the same choice as the previous Sport models. Prices are around 600 higher than Sport models, but extra standard equipment has been added.
Standard equipment for FR models includes:
• FR front and rear bumpers
• twin chrome exhaust pipes
• silver-painted door mirrors
• LED rear light clusters
• sports seats and steering wheel
• rear parking sensors
• automatic headlights and wipers
The new FR+ models are available with either a 2.0 TSI 208bhp petrol engine, or a 168bhp 2.0 TDI diesel engine: the same choice as the previous FR models. Theres a 1070 premium over FR models, but theres additional standard equipment, worth 2465.
Standard equipment for FR+ models includes:
• 18-inch alloy wheels
• touch-screen media and sat-nav system
• DAB radio
• Xenon headlights with adaptive lighting system
• Front parking sensors
Theres no equivalent for the previous Cupra model, which had a 237bhp 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine. The Cupra R which has a 261bhp engine continues, but its price has been cut by 10 to 25,995.
Prices for the rest of the range are unchanged. The updated Seat Leon range is on sale now.