What Car? says
For The Audi Q5 is desirable, has strong diesel engines and a decent boot
Against The Q5 is let down a firm ride and shortage of rear legroom
Verdict The Audi Q5 is a desirable and well equipped SUV
Go for… 2.0TDI SE
Avoid… 3.2 FSI S Line
- 1. The Audi Q5 is comfortable, refined and spacious, and a serious alternative to rivals from BMW and Land Rover
- 2. The Audi’s sharp handling means it’s enjoyable to drive, but the trade-off is a rather firm ride. The is further exaggerated by the larger alloys fitted to some models.
- 3. The Audi’s fit and finish is first rate, and there’s hardly any wind-, road- or engine noise.
- 4. As with most SUVs, you should consider the diesel models ahead of the petrol versions
- 5. Early diesel models can experience high oil consumption; using as much as one litre every 2000 miles
Reader test team says:
Have been the proud owner of a 3.0TDI S-Line+…
We had one of the first q5s in 2009 and found…