C200 petrol manual sport. I took delivery July 2014. When ordered in April 2014 no demonstrators had arrived, my mistake! I am disappointed with the car to the extent I will go back to Audi. Good points, it looks great, has a comfortable driving position and came well equipped. The LED lights are no more than ordinary but I opted for 'intelligent lights' these are awesome and well worth the cost if you drive at night regularly. Other options were metallic, proper leather seats & lumbar support. The leather was poor quality and goodness knows the age & health of the animal it came from. Dislikes - the ride even on decent B & C roads is diabolical, pitching & rolling even on a stiffer setting. Avoid side winds at all costs. The engine is noisy & coarse, the dipstick impossible to use. Wipers are not up to the job. The idea of using the foot break as a handbrake is hopeless, the 'hold' signal is hidden behind the wheel & my line of sight. The parking break is unlit and down by knee!! The design & quality of the interior is poor in comparison to Audi. Your elbow hits the cheap plastic door pole when reaching for the seatbelt. Accessing the simplest of commands is a journey in itself! The ceramic touch pad obstructs the more practical rotary dial. Owners instructions mostly available via screen in car. Takes up to 15 seconds to change page in a sweltering car in driveway, Mercedes charged me Β£17 for full book!!!! Not an enjoyable car to own. Get out with key in - knee hits it!

Stewart William Taylor, Suffolk, February 25th 2015

0 SE 4dr

Had this car for a month (3,000 miles) now and it has performed well over a mix of motorway, town, country roads and even farm tracks. It represents a big step forward from the previous W204 model for both the design and handling. The engine remains the same grumbling unit as in the previous model but the weight savings have helped bring the 0-60 time down to 6.6 seconds (not 7.5 as reported here). The car also feels more agile and has better fuel efficiency to boot. The reversing camera is clear and helps when negotiating tighter spaces than you'd normally attempt so it isn't just a gimmick to help differentiate from the crowd. As mentioned in a previous review the graphics on the sat nav are a little cartoon like but it's clear and easy to use. There is an option to have the information displayed between the dials which allows both media / radio and the nav elements to be displayed and means audio prompts aren't required. Overall it's a better machine than the A6 I stepped out of and a vast improvement over the previous model C Class but it could do with a touch more refinement in the engine damping and the wind noise at motorway speeds. Good car though and can't see too many grumbles ahead for me in my three years of ownership.

Jon Whitworth, January 1st 2015

0 BlueTEC Sport 4dr Auto

I recently took delivery of my C220 AMG Line estate, with optional 19" multi-spoke alloys, privacy glass and cranberry red leather interior. The cabin finish is top-notch and far better than the 3-series Touring which I've also owned. Getting comfy in the heated seats with electrical adjustment is easy, and the dashboard is very tidy and uncluttered, with smart materials everywhere . I'm still getting to grips with the infotainment system, but I've found the sat nav can take you on a bit of an odd route, and I'm yet to find some of the route options you might find on a TomTom. The boot is a good size, with a low lip and folding down the rear seats is easy. Having owned a 3-series and more recently a Golf GT, the ride and handling is not as good as either but in a straight line, the ride is smooth. Fast B-roads show the car's handling to be less inspiring and fast dashes across roundabouts can result in understeer. That said, I've had no complaints from passengers, who have been full of praise for the car. On concrete motorways, road noise is an issue, but that's more to do with the optional alloys. Fuel economy on the first tank has been good - 60 litres took me just under 600 miles, but over time I expect this will improve. This has been achieved using the car's 'Comfort' setting, but Sport and Sport+ settings will not doubt see this fall. Overall, I'm enjoying ownership and the fact that at the moment the car is a lot less common than a 3-series Touring is a bo

Andrew Barber, Suffolk, December 15th 2014

0 BlueTEC AMG Line 5dr

Had my C220 Sport Premium plus for 1 month now from new, and for me it is the best car I have ever owned. I should qualify that by stating the majority of my previous vehicles were fords, the only previous car that came close was an Audi A4. I had planned to buy another nearly new A4 , Mercedes weren’t even on my radar, I always considered them to be for old men in grey suits. But I happened to pass by our local dealership looking at the old C-Class’s on the forecourt then noticed the new style C-Class. What a complete transformation, I booked a test drive and 4 months later I have my own brand new c-class, breaking two rules I had previously held of never buying brand new or buying Mercedes. The whole persona of this car just smacks of quality, comfort and attention to detail throughout. Outside it looks very smart and classy, the myriad of LED lights inside and out are something to behold at night. There is so much equipment included and the on-board tech is in a completely different league to anything I have seen previously. The drive is comfortable it feels solidly attached to the road surface, there is hardly any road or wind noise from outside the agility select adds to the fun. The 2.1 litre diesel engine can sound a bit noisy at times and the layout of the central console controls could be better but these niggles do not spoil the overall experience. Getting this car has made the daily commute to work one of the highlights of my day, and I have never said that before

Gerald Hayden, Wiltshire, November 22nd 2014

0 SE 4dr

I have now had this car for 2 years, I bought it with 90k on the clock and it now has just turned 150k. I am so pleased I bought this car it has been an excellent vehicle and is the best car I have ever owned - this is my 25th car! So far it has never let me down, and everything is as tight as the day I got it. It is fast and cheap to run. I do almost all motorway miles and the over optimistic computer has told me over the last 30k miles I have averaged 57.2mpg (I know from working this out that I have actually averaged 51 mpg) 51 mpg from a 2.7litre vehicle is amazing - and is over the manufacturers stated figure! Everything works on it still - the stereo (standard) is of excellent quality, I can drive for 6 hours without getting tired It has a good level of equipment - although when I drive my parents C320 CDi I am jealous of the parking sensors, iPad connector, Bluetooth and satnav. So far in 60k miles it has gone through 2 sets of rear tyres and one set of front tyres plus services. At the last service I had a strange rattle coming from the exhaust which was a loose clamp and it is now due for suspension drop links on the front (minor) I would recommend this car to anyone doing lots of motorway work. Yes the manual with the foot handbrake is not ideal - and probably given the choice I would have the auto - having said that at 150k I think I'm safer with the manual. Next car will be another Mercedes - probably an E Class

Edward Beech, Gloucester, October 16th 2014

0 CDI Avantgarde SE 4dr

Like the road testers I found the diesel a bit rough, and the Sport model has suspension that is too hard for urban use. I bought a petrol model as they are much quieter, cheaper to buy and service, and still give 40+mpg on a run. But unlike the road testers, I find the car incredibly quiet at speed (I don't know how anyone could find it noisy). I have owned scores of cars and this is easily the best built, best thought out car I have ever had. Standard equipment is comprehensive and useful - such as front and rear parking sensors, cruise control and bluetooth - and it is beautifully balanced to drive on real-world roads. Downsides include there not being much legroom in the back, and the fact that SE models are now fitted with plastic seats (how do Mercedes get away with that?), but thankfully mine has cloth trim. Early depreciation make a six month old C-class a bargain for the quality and equipment.

Mark Osland, Surrey, July 28th 2014

0 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY SE 4dr Auto

I recently bought a C220 CDI Exec Estate Auto with Premium package. Having owned an E class for the last 5 years, I was concerned that I may be disappointed with the smaller and possibly less refined car. I have to say that I'm delighted with my choice and totally recommend a C class. The drive is excellent and the build quality what you expect from Mercedes. I'm puzzled why What Car only give 2 stars for their rating. This is my 3rd Mercedes. I did test drive a 3 series but it didn't impress me as I'd expected. If you're considering a C class then I advise paying extra for Command (navigation, heated seats and reversing camera are included in the Premium package).

Jonathan Carlton-Gray, West Midlands, March 24th 2014

0 CDI Executive SE 5dr

Jonathan Carlton-Gray, West Midlands, March 24th 2014

0 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Executive SE 5dr

I disagree with the overall negative tone of this review, and I'm wondering if we're talking about the same car. I have a 2011 C180 estate since June 2013 and I love it. It's a pleasure to drive, with decent power and response. I find it comfortable, and after suffering an Audi A4 2.0T for two years, it's nice to have an automatic gearbox that works! It's a stunning car to look at, and with two kids under 4 years old, it makes life easy for long and short trips. Great car.

Mark McCullagh, March 14th 2014

0 Executive SE 5dr

Mark McCullagh, March 14th 2014

0 BlueEFFICIENCY Executive SE 5dr

Had my Mercedes C220 AMG Sport Auto for 12 months now on a Personal Contract Hire. Overall I am very happy and I agree that Journalist reviews of the C Class don't match my views of the car. It is refined, comfortable to drive and on the outside and inside it oozes quality. I have done 20,000 miles in it so far and average 49.5 miles per gallon which is the only gripe as the combined MPG quoted by Mercedes is impossible to achieve. Even driving on motorways at a sedate 60pmh I can only get high 50's per gallon and normal motorway driving is generally around 53MPG. That said everything thing else is superb. I purchased the Becker Sat Nav online from a German seller on eBay for Β£300 and this works a treat as a fully integrated Sat Nav. the interior is very comfortable, I will admit the rear passenger leg and head room is a bit on the tight side and not being able to fold the rear seats is rather strange! I managed to find a Mercedes specialist independent garage that did the first service for 1/2 the cost a main dealer charges including registering the services on Mercedes website. All thing consider I am very pleased and having owned a BMW 5 series in the past I would rate the C Class in the same league and possibly better.

Dominic Issartel, Notts, February 23rd 2014

0 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport 4dr

Dominic Issartel, Notts, February 23rd 2014

0 CDI AMG Sport 4dr

I have traded from the left field choice of an Infiniti M diesel. As such I didn't want to lose performance or too much specification. So far I am very impressed and as a previous CLS owner I have experiencing bigger Benzes. I would agree with previous comments in that the infotainment system is not an issue with a little familiarity and time spent with the single column stalk makes you wonder why everyone doesn't do the same thing. The 3l engine has monstrous torque with effortless performance and yes my other car is a Porsche - albeit an old bog standard Boxster! The ride is firm but not overly so and interior quality is good in my opinion. If you want a quick, reliable - so far! - stylish and practical estate this may well be the car for you and with a new model on the horizon deals can be done even with the blue chip Mercedes dealers. Go on, worry the Labrador.

mark davies, February 20th 2014

0 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport 5dr Auto

mark davies, February 20th 2014

0 CDI AMG Sport 5dr Auto

I had one of the first face lift C class 220 cdi AMG Mercedes delivered to me in April 2011. In white it looked and still looks stunning. Unfortunately there the love affair ends. Whilst I love a car that looks the part, I cover 25,000 miles a year and few of them on the motorway. I need a car that performs well, is comfortable and reliable. One of the reasons I chose the Mercedes. I have owned C class Mercedes before, but the drop off in quality here is noticeable and it was not long before I was questioning my decision over the BMW I had turned down. Initially I was very pleased with the level of equipment, the adaptive xenon headlights are fantastic! However when pulling up to traffic lights with anything less than a full tank of fuel, you can hear it sloshing around once stopped. When driving you can hear the noise of the cooling fans when they come on. Having covered nearly 80,000 miles, I am changing the car in a few months. I am currently on my third auto gearbox, my third water pump and my low coolant light still comes on first thing in the morning. My second drivers seat as the material split. My second drivers door card, which as also dimpled up from resting my arm on it as quickly as the one that it replaced. The Becker SatNav is frustratingly slow. You can be nearly to the end of a slip road off a motorway before it advises you need to be in the right lane at the round about. For a brand and marque that sells on reputation and value, I feel short changed here

0 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport Plus 4dr

0 CDI AMG Sport Edition 4dr

0 CDI AMG Sport Plus 4dr

I ran this car (a 6.3 ltr AMG C63 Coupe), for 4 months before selling it due to its poor build quaility and dire design. Firstly, its engine is a work of genius. Powerful and strong, revs like a banshee and loves to be revved, but it is a pity the chassis can't put most the power down on the road. However, while the engine is outstanding everything else (built by Mercedes) is appalling. Let me list "a few" of the issues, rattles (lots of), poor UI design between the command system and the driver display screen, poor DAB reception, missing functions in DAB, rubbish voice command system, poor handbrake design, the comedy speakers that hurt your ears, cheap plastics inside the car, steering wheel controls that don’t control the functions you need, fuel warning icons that don’t work, command system that won’t work with iPhone, heated seats that turn themselves off, a sat nav whose voice you can’t turn off, the USB charging point that won’t charge an iPhone and honestly the list goes on and on and on. Frankly avoid Mercedes, their build quality is horrendous and as for the customers service? Non-exsistant. When I asked them to fix my DAB issues they acknowledged the issue and promised a fix sometime in 2014....

Tom Smith, Wiltshire, October 20th 2013

2dr Auto

Great car. It'll ask you to eat the rear tyres because its so much fun, but you can get 50mpg when you're on a normal run. Plug in the Becker module for Β£200 and you have integrated satnav. Good value, good finish. Needs DAB to make the standard equipment in line with its competitors.

Allen Collen, September 1st 2013

0 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport 4dr

The car is just coming up to 2 years old. I bought it new and I simply cannot fault it. The car I drive is totally unrecognisable to the one reviewed in What Car. Inside it is classy ,comfortable and practical. The command system is superb,as is the voice activation for phone,Sat Nav and Audio. The Intelligent zenon headlights have to be seen to be believed. The engine is effortless and pulls like a train. I quite like the what Car mag but you have it wrong on this one guys

dennis allatt, ne derbyshire, August 14th 2013