X

• Overall verdict 1/5
  • Running costs 2/5
  • Quality 2/5
  • Average MPG 16 mpg

I ran this car (a 6.3 ltr AMG C63 Coupe), for 4 months before selling it due to its poor build quaility and dire design. Firstly, its engine is a work of genius. Powerful and strong, revs like a banshee and loves to be revved, but it is a pity the chassis can't put most the power down on the road. However, while the engine is outstanding everything else (built by Mercedes) is appalling. Let me list "a few" of the issues, rattles (lots of), poor UI design between the command system and the driver display screen, poor DAB reception, missing functions in DAB, rubbish voice command system, poor handbrake design, the comedy speakers that hurt your ears, cheap plastics inside the car, steering wheel controls that don’t control the functions you need, fuel warning icons that don’t work, command system that won’t work with iPhone, heated seats that turn themselves off, a sat nav whose voice you can’t turn off, the USB charging point that won’t charge an iPhone and honestly the list goes on and on and on. Frankly avoid Mercedes, their build quality is horrendous and as for the customers service? Non-exsistant. When I asked them to fix my DAB issues they acknowledged the issue and promised a fix sometime in 2014....

Tom Smith, Wiltshire, October 20th 2013

• Average MPG 40 mpg

The car is just coming up to 2 years old. I bought it new and I simply cannot fault it. The car I drive is totally unrecognisable to the one reviewed in What Car. Inside it is classy ,comfortable and practical. The command system is superb,as is the voice activation for phone,Sat Nav and Audio. The Intelligent zenon headlights have to be seen to be believed. The engine is effortless and pulls like a train. I quite like the what Car mag but you have it wrong on this one guys

dennis allatt, ne derbyshire, August 14th 2013

0 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport Edition 125 2dr

• Average MPG 40 mpg

dennis allatt, ne derbyshire, August 14th 2013

0 BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport Edition 125 2dr Auto

• Average MPG 23 mpg

I purchased a new Mercedes-Benz C350 AMG Sport CoupΓ© in September 2012. The strengths of the car include its wonderfully smooth, refined and powerful six cylinder engine which makes high speed journeys both enjoyable and effortless, its subtle (albeit conservative) good looks and also its surprising practicality. It also attracts more than its fair share of attention, though thankfully of the positive variety. On the downside, the fuel consumption is (despite the official figures) really quite heavy, particularly in town driving, and the paddle shifters for the automatic gearbox are very slow to operate (as a result of which I don't tend to use them at all, and merely switch between the generic "eco" and "sport" settings as circumstances permit) even though the actual gearchanges are very quick. Some people might also claim that the car ought to be more overtly "sporty" in line with rivals from BMW and so on, but I think that the car is perfectly fine as it is, with a well judged balance between sportiness and refinement making it both easy to live with on a day to day basis and yet enjoyable at the same time. Overall, the car has been a joy to drive and a pleasure to live with and is clearly the best car that I have ever purchased.

chen-lum hong, August 9th 2013

0 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport Edition 125 2dr

• Average MPG 44 mpg

Now covered just shy of 3000 miles and extremely pleased with the car.Even with a tight engine averaging 44mpg in give and take motoring.On dual carriageway driving at 60 to 70 saw 62 mpg on readout so not bad really.For a coupe very practical,taking four comfortably and a decent boot with standard fold down rear seats.Acceleration excellent.Had a 3.00 tdi A4 before and,whilst not quite as quick, it gives very little away and does a lot more to the gallon.The xenon headlights are superb.Pan roof a good extra and auto really good. My car looks good in cavansite blue and different to all the metallic greys and white.

robert tulloch, n yorkshire, May 5th 2012

• Average MPG 44 mpg

robert tulloch, n yorkshire, May 5th 2012

• Overall verdict 4/5
  • Quality 4/5
  • Average MPG 52 mpg

Borrowed one for a day, to see if I could tempt my wife to get one instead of a new B Class. The most amazing thing about the car was economy. The computer showed 58.9 mpg when I returned it after a 20 mile return trip driving 'normally'. I had done the trip the otherway exploiting the cars superb performance as much as poss, and it was down to 39 mpg then, but still very good. The car had the new version of Command (great to have speed limit warnings), and the full panaramic electric roof (very nice). The only downsides I could find was; I missed the lumber support on the seat, visibility of course was not up to the standard of my ML, the quality of the standard sound system seemed worse than most Mercs I've driven. On the whole it's a classy tempting package, but too 'saloon like' it seems for my wife. Looks like she'll be waiting until they can get a new B Class for her in the Summer.

Martyn Whiteley, North Lincs, February 26th 2012