Peugeot 3008 4x4 Owner reviews

HDi 150 Sport 5dr

This is the second 3008 that I have owned although it's the first diesel. I have had it for a year and find it fantastic. I particularly like the elevated driving position and the glass roof. Its very economical to run, the turbocharger works a treat for quick needed acceleration and is extremely practical. I cannot quite work out though why the centre console opens towards the driver rather than away, which makes retrieving anything from it somewhat awkward. Apart from that a superbly designed and well built car.

David Berle, March 8th 2015

VTi Active 5dr

Well Ihave moved over from a 508 EGC 1.6d. because I wanted a hatch or whtever iculd get to not have a boot .Amazing how much I miss the hatch or estate type vehicle. ANyway Its got the same 1.6EGC semi auto and I still ove this box. Driving is so easy. Gears are for racers FAmily and older men prefer comfort , less stress in traffic and an overall simple drive in comfort. This motor hasd it all. The panoramic roof is super cool sys my daughter. I hve now done my first 1000 miles at an average 40mpg of total town traffic no more thn 8 miles each way journeys. Thats good. I got great deal on my 3rd Peugeot. The diesels are sturdy and quiet. Very underated cars. I love it even more than my 508 (see my reviews) Give it a spin!! )

eric crowder, cheshire, January 17th 2014

eric crowder, cheshire, January 17th 2014

HDi 112 SR 5dr

Fantastic car. Great to drive, excellent road holding and great on long journeys. It has brilliant vision - I drive a lot abroad and its so much easier negotiating tricky traffic merging when on the 'wrong' side of the road. I love the head up display - MPG always in view - great bit of kit. Positioning of the sat nav is also great - although the sat nav itself takes a while to get used to! Once you've sussed it - its easy. Great being higher off the road, plus lots of option in the seat height and position and very comfy leather seats. The car is also wider inside so lots of room, plus its shorter than other cross overs, so great to park and huge boot. Love the way the rear hatch opening drops down, so very easier to get stuff in and out. Great touch. And a handy torch charges in the boot! . Many extras on the car - huge central 'compartment' and handy cup holders. Everything has been thought of! Mpg is good - averaging 53 mpg. I think my only moan is that they have put one of the telephone charger points right by the gear stick - so can get knocked. There's also a usb point so can play music / audio books from MP3 etc All in all - I am a very pleased Peugeot owner. We're all so quick to complain so its great to say I LOVE IT!

Gillian Chamberlain, November 30th 2013

e-HDi 112 Exclusive 5dr EGC

Bought this second hand ( 2 years old with 20k on the clock) - 6 months ago. Have done about 4000 trouble free miles since. My car has sat nav, front and rear parking sensors and lovely pale leather seats - very comfortable and a very nice place to spend time. I'm impressed with the engine and performance. on paper 0 to 60 is about 14 seconds but this is deceptive. once you are up to around 20 in third the torque kicks in and progress is very brisk = great flexibility in every gear so you easily keep up with traffic and can often surprise supposedly faster cars as you pull away from them pulling out of corners and going up hills. I drive briskly but with economy in mind and am averaging around 55mpg. Complaints? The sat nav display is not the best. If you set the scale to cover a wider area you lose most of the minor roads, and post code entry is limited to first 3 digits only. Radio is also a bit disappointing - rather muddy. But overall very happy with it so far.

Kevin Miller, Kent, October 26th 2013

HDi 150 Exclusive 5dr

I have owned my vehicle from new and it is 3 years old now. It eats tyres getting 10,000 miles out of the front if you're lucky and fuel economy at best is 42mpg. Mine has 'Dynamic Roll Control' which does contribute to a good ride. The cabin in nice too. Be warned though - leg room in the rear is extremely poor, even for my 6 & 8 year old kids. The boot size is also small. Don't be fooled by the term 'Crossover' as some people compare it to a 4x4 or SUV but this is built on the chassis of a 308 which is a medium family hatchback. The heater controls do not have any backlighting, so a bit of a pain at night. If you tow a caravan, be very wary of this car as the rear suspension is not up to the job and there is no apparent way of uprating the suspension. Worst of all for me, I happened to notice one of the rear disc pads had worn down to the backing plate whilst all the others had 7-8mm left. The local dealer agreed that this was not normal. However, Peugeot put it down to 'wear & tear' and refused to foot the Β£330 bill under warranty. I would not recommend this car to anybody. I am looking forward to hopefully trading it in for a Skoda Octavia next year.

robert liles, mid glamorgan, October 3rd 2013

VTi Active 5dr

Like the other ECG readers occasionally on kick down the car hits a flat spot and feels like it has stalled before dropping down the gears and behaving normally. it does not happen every time but when it does it feels horrible. The support I have been having from Peugeot has been very good and even though there was no faults stored on the ECU and no info on the Peugeot technical site, they wiped the ECU and installed the latest software and stated that if it happened again to return the car for further invest. your average MPG tool is rubbish as it wont let me record the true MPG of 47.2

Neil Reynolds, April 2nd 2013

Neil Reynolds, April 2nd 2013

VTi Active 5dr

I first took delivery of my crossover in 2010,it had to be returned 4 month later through gear box malfunction,each time it went back to the garage i was told nothing wrong with it, even though i was nearly killed by a lorry running into the back of me.June 2012 i had to end my contract and take another one out for the same make car,even though i think that Mobility should have agreed to just exchange the car,in doing this i lost my Β£200 that i should receive at the end of the term.The car i have is just 18 month old, again i have had problems, not has much but still the same problem, but also with the reversing gear now, it will not move, again in the garage, nothing wrong they say, it's the way i drive, even though this has also happened when my son has driven it.Now a few weeks ago the back seat has collapsed,into the garage again, it's just come away from it's feet i was told,a week after the same happened again,now been told it wants new frame, so that has been ordered.Has anyone else heard of a back seat of a 18 month car needing new frame.I love the car to drive, but this has put me off Peugeot altogether.I am a disabled driver so need a more reliable car,and safer one.Now i am trying to get mobility to let me exchange my car,but seem to have a bit of a fight on my hands.

Val Smith, Derbyshire, December 30th 2012

Val Smith, Derbyshire, December 30th 2012

HDi 150 Sport 5dr

This is an update to my previous review; the car having now covered about 10,000 miles. My impressions of the car have not changed, it is seriously comfortable but with very sharp steering and flat cornering which is far removed from the normal 4x4 experience of hard rock and plenty of roll. The penalty is to be paid in tyre wear; the fronts are already half-worn. It's winter and I'm doing more short journeys now so fuel consumption is more like 40mpg rather than my previous 50mpg. Reliability seems excellent - nothing has dropped off, gone wrong or started squeaking - a far cry from previous Peugeot's in fact.

Peter Guymer, December 18th 2012

HDi 150 Exclusive 5dr

The 3008 was not an obvious replacement for my 2007 Landcruiser so it was only in desperation one wet Saturday afternoon that I eventually ended up at Peugeot where I sat in a 3008 and felt really comfortable. The cockpit is probably the best feature of this car - the 3008 manages to make you feel enveloped by the car and its controls The quality of the materials is surprisingly high with a good tactile experience thrown in; only the footwells and doors scuff areas have hard plastics Peugeot is all about the driving experience and the 3008 does not disappoint. What is a tallish car drives like an Audi A3 or BMW 3 series. The optional 18-inch wheels and dynamic roll control allow ridiculous cornering speeds – the low-profile tyres don’t affect the compliant ride and the extra cornering stiffness means that there is no body roll Most diesel buyers will go for the 1.6 litre, 112bhp engine but the 2.0 litre, 150bhp diesel is a real peach and more suited to the car. It is petrol-quiet but floor the throttle at 1,200rpm and just feel the shove in the back. A motorway trip shows 52mpg and around town shows 45mpg The styling is the curate’s egg. Some angles are quite pleasing others aren’t. The chip-cutter radiator grill (disappearing in the 2013 restyle) looks good but the rear-end looks odd The head-up display, panoramic sunroof with electric blind, automatic electric handbrake with hill-start, directional Xenon headlights and split tailgate are all really useful ga

Peter Guymer, May 18th 2012

e-HDi 112 Allure 5dr EGC

I took ownership of this car for my disabled daughter in February 2012 and I knew the semi automatic gear box would take a while to get use to, but there is a very dangerous problem with this gear box as the car will sometimes cut out when you try to pull away at a junction or traffic lights etc. There is a delay and its positively alarming as you might find yourself halfway out on a busy roundabout and the car just slows right down with no power. I have approached the garage and they say it must be the way I drive it! Well my husband uses the car and he has the same problem. I am very concerned and will be in touch with the garage again as I have to drive my daughter to school etc and its getting to be a bit of a nightmare for all concerned.

June row, Hampshire, March 22nd 2012

e-HDi 112 Exclusive 5dr EGC

Superb car. Very good suspension gives a very forgiving drive, 45MPG from the diesel engine with no effort. It's a very quite cruiser and the feel is of a much more expensive car. The steering is very light, the brakes progressive and the gadgets galore once inside. The boot is big and clever, with the split top/bottom set-up working very well. All switchgear is within the drivers reach and the sunroof lets in tons of light. The best car I've ever owned. If in doubt, get one - you'll not regret it.

Dean Bainbridge, Glamorgan, January 12th 2012

e-HDi 112 Exclusive 5dr EGC

I tried as the next upgrade for my motability vehicle for my son. We drive a C4 G Picasso so looked at the 5008 first before this caught my eye.From what I have, this in a way is a downgrade size wise. The cabin itself is clean and modern and I personally like the neat touches of the grab handle by the centre console. Makes access easier. Instrument panels are good, though why so many switches for the headup display is odd. As for the Head up display, why not just incooprate digital instruments? Ride was good, nothing to exciting and pulling power was ok for the diesel I tried. Boot was ok for loading height and it's split level system. However, I won't be choosing this as my next vehicle due to 2 points which potential buyers with children or who carry others should bear in mind. 1. The rear seats are too cramped for legroom, especially if you have taller occupants in the front. Couldn't quite see my 11yr old siiting in comfort, let alone my 5ft son. 2. The middle rear seat is more a "board" than seat. It's the hardest ever middle seat I've come across. Should you have to put a passenger to sit on it, make sure the journey is short. Very short! On these 2 points alone, I didn't order the car and went for a Renault Scenic instead which in my opinion, betters this car on those 2 plus many, many more points including ride, space and practicallity. Don't own the car so mileage isn't known. I know this has been voted "Car of the year", but somehow, I don't see why.

Alex Bourne, middlesex, September 27th 2011

THP 156 Sport 5dr

I have rare auto box. Car is good to look at and well laid out inside. Ride very smooth and handling excellent. Noise levels very well deadened. A nice car spoilt by two faults; in normal use the auto gearbox is one of the smoothest I have ever driven with nearly imperceptible changes. However, when flooring the accelerator to overtake, the box changes down ok but does not change back up again for up to 30 seconds. The dealer confirms that it does this, but can find no fault. Peugeot 'help' no help. The other niggling problem is with the radio. If a USB stick is inserted, when starting the car the radio starts then always switches itself over to the USB stick. Silly design faults spoiling an otherwise excellent car.

David Gee, August 26th 2011

HDi Exclusive 5dr

I am a disabled driver and took delivery of a brand new 1.6 ECG in December. the first day the gearbox malfunctioned. took it back, they said nothing showed up on diagnostics and must have been a "glitch". Few days later the particle filter warning light started coming on, on the day i took it in, the gear box again malfunctioned. they said they had fixed both probs. a few days later after leaving the slip road to the A1, the gearbox again malfunctioned, cutting power and causing a lorry to have to swerve to avoid KILLING me. What larks for the dealer, "must have been a Friday nighter" etc. Motablity agreed to terminate it and i ordered another. took delivery on 1/3/11, guess what...gearbox malfunctioned on 3/3/11. It's now back being "diagnosed". To my mind this must be a manufacturing fault or some massive coincidence. Either way, I've now had the pleasure of near death experiences twice in this car! Take a wild guess as to whether I would recommend anyone else put their lives at risk with this car? Beautiful, yes. Economical, who knows? Dangerous, absolutely!!

andrew riley, March 7th 2011