The Citroen DS3 will cost from 11,700 and order books are open now.
The DS3 comes with a choice of three petrol engines and two diesels, along with three trims: Dsign, Dstyle and Dsport.
The Mini-rival's petrol range kicks off with a 93bhp 1.4. There are also two 1.6 petrols with either 118bhp or 148bhp. All three were co-developed with BMW.
The DS3's 1.6 diesel engines come with either 88- or 108bhp.
Dsign trim is available only with the lowest-powered petrol engine and comes with: • stability control
• cruise control
• MP3/CD player with steering wheel-mounted controls
However, Dsign models miss out on air-conditioning.
Dstyle models get:
• leather-trimmed steering wheel and gearknob
• LED lights
• interior 'mood' lighting
Dsport models get:
• climate control
• carbonfibre-effect trim on the dashboard
However, there are a host of options and packs that Citroen will offer to allow buyers to customise their car.
The car goes on sale in the UK in the spring.
Citroen DS3 prices
• 1.4 Dsign 11,700
• 1.6 Dstyle 13,700
• 148bhp 1.6 THP DSport 15,900
• 88bhp 1.6 HDi Dstyle 13,700
• 108bhp 1.6 HDi Dsport 15,900