VTi Access 3dr

I got a 208 XY 155THP in December 2014, I bought it on the "Just add fuel" deal because I was coming from a lease car arrangement and wanted something which mirrored that financially. I had never owned a Peugeot before so I had no real expectations. I am really pleased with the 208, true it is more "cruiser" than "bruiser" but sometimes you just need a little cosseting in life and the XY delivers that in bucket-loads: it has loads of oomph, especially at motorway speeds or on an A road when you need to just get past something; it has a really compliant and quiet ride that soaks out the worst of the British roads in what I would describe as a typically "French-car" way; I disagree with What Car about the driving position and the small wheel, for me it's spot on, the wheel is good to feel and the steering is direct, the instruments are clear and they work well. The central screen has some slightly over-complicated menus but in navigation mode the instructions are repeated in the central part between the instruments which is neat. The DAB radio works well and I had a CD player fitted that sits under the passenger seat and that works fine too. Would I recommend this car? Yes. If you're looking for a roomy plush three door hatch that has lots of low-down power, quiet and comfortable ride and pretty good handling (not extreme, true but everyday usable) then consider this model. The Just add fuel deal is the icing on the cake really - fuss-free motoring just as it shoul

John Britt, February 7th 2015

e-HDi 115 Feline 3dr

I bought this model due to the excellent MPG return as I do a lot of commuting mileage and the spec on offer was amazing for the price. However, I have had non stop issues regarding the front seats constantly squeaking and both seat belt holsters are really annoyingly creaky with warning lights being flashed repeatedly which means non stop trips to Peugeot to reset. Surely this has got to be a design fault? Another issue I have is the gearbox has a loud 'clunk' type sound when changing gears and the gearstick feels very loose. The ride is very wobbly too and has quite a bit of under steer. The satnav is a joke. It doesn't even let you enter post codes, and some street names are not stored in the system. The radio is poor and I have replaced the door speakers already. Its a shame really as the kids and Mrs love the car. It looks great but needs some issues addressing. I would not buy this car as there are better competitors out there. Especially for Β£18k! don't let the MPG and ZERO Tax draw you in!

Darren Conlen, south yorkshire, August 11th 2014

THP GTi 3dr

I purchased the car in late July 2013 and it was delivered a in early August. My car is one of the 28 UK Limited edition 208 gti with satin paintwork - number 24. Traded my 2010 RenaultSport Clio 200 in and have been very happy with the 208 GTI. Yes its not as track-focused as the clio and the clio feels like it goes round a corner better than the 208 but the 208 is far more usable prospect than the Clio 200 on a day to day basis. When i feel like I need to make progress in the 208 i'm not watching the MPG drop like a stone as in the Clio 200 - yet the 208 goes just a quickly! Fuel economy is excellent and its great round town and on the motorway. I've had a few snagging issues with the car which have been sorted by the Fish Bros dealership in Swindon. The Service department have been very professional and courteous - very much recommended. After a disastrous 18 months with a Citroen DS3 and its build quality and poor after-sales support I was nervous about getting another PSA built car. The looks, handling and power delivery of the 208 GTI won me over and even with the small faults that have arisen i'm smitten by the 208 GTI. In regards to the unfavorable reports about the seating/steering - just go try one. If you are 5ft 3in and have the steering wheel up past your head they you can't see the dials. Put the steering just below your view on the dials and its perfect. I even have it lower as you get even better control..

Robert KΓ€hler, Wiltshire, November 13th 2013

THP GTi 3dr

I have owned this car for nearly 4 months and what a great car very easy to drive,we did a near 800 mile round trip to Scotland and averaged 49 mpg according to the fuel calculator and the amount of fuel used, the car is very comfortable with good views out and the driving position is perfect I am 5' 6'' and can see the dials fine even though I sit fairly low down also the small steering wheel is brilliant. if you want a car which is comfortable and you can use every day this is it don't be put off by comments about not being able to see the dials clearly go and try you wont be disappointed.

raymond murphy, October 9th 2013

VTi Access 3dr

When I arrived to pick up my new car I thought it was STUNNING - pure white, after my previous car, 107 Peugeot, it looked huge. 6 months later I still think WOW. The spec is a basic one (manual gearbox, petrol) even so it does everything I want it to, great boot capacity, more with rear seats down, purrs along thinking it is a Rolls, very comfortable for driving, all the gadgets to hand in the paddles, electronics work well and not being tech-alive, I still managed to use most of the facilities offered. Side mirrors very clear images. Having no tech knowledge, I needed a car that would still work with or without all the gadgets, this car does the job plus; handbook very clear and gradually learning the tech. Economy is excellent even with a lot of town driving, low road tax, even the insurance is good. My main trouble is keeping below the speed limit! The dash is very clear and find the digital readout for mph great help. This is a car I could recommend for drivability, economy, feels and drives like a good solid car, yet handling is light and responsive. Backup by local Peugeot agent excellent too. My best buy yet.

Beryl Robinson, Surrey, June 7th 2013

VTi Active 5dr

Had my 208 for 8 months & I really like it. It's a good looking, practical & economical super-mini. Nearly all my mileage is urban with a typically congested commute, so I want a car that's a nice place to be. The seats are comfortable, the interior is smart & the dashboard uncluttered thanks to the 7" touchscreen. Active is not a high spec or expensive model, but it has everything I need, iPod connection & control, Bluetooth hands-free phone & streaming, air-con, alloy wheels, front fog lights. We also have a bigger family car, but I regularly have to transport children/dog/stuff and the 208 5 door is perfect for this. I'm a hockey goalkeeper & my kit bag is huge, but it fits in the boot with the parcel shelf in place. The 1.2 three cylinder engine suits this car, it revs freely and the car is nippy around town & pulls away nicely. It copes with bad UK roads well. Even with the stop start nature of my commute I now average 50.4mpg which is great from a petrol car. I was surprised how quiet & refined the engine is at motorway speed and with the standard cruise control, it is actually a relaxing log distance drive. Some reviewers criticise the small steering wheel but it really not an issue, I'm average height, I have the wheel set below the height of the dials and it is perfectly comfortable. It's a different driving position, more sporty, but it works. Ignore list price, ask your Peugeot dealer for a deal & the 208 can be a great little bargain.

William Heywood, May 20th 2013