HDi 92 Active 5dr

I was one of the first in the UK to take delivery of this car in January 2014 and I must say Peugeot have done a good job with the car, although there is room for improvement. In terms of fuel economy the 1.6hdi92 is the engine to go for. Filling up in Milan last summer the car made it all the way to Calais before it's 50 litre tank needed refilling. With emissions of under 100g/km tax is free and parking discounted in some places. The small steering wheel is easy to get used to and the ride is much softer than in the old model. Peugeot's problem of the offset driving position has finally been cured in this car and I do think it's great to look at, although I prefer the front end look of the lower spec models than the higher ones. It's not all good though. The rear window is rather small and I find myself constantly adjusting the seat height and rear view mirror and am rarely very comfortable. The seats are firmer than in the old shape car too. Rear legroom is limited: I am 6' tall and so without compromising my driving position an adult cannot sit behind me. The boot however is huge. Equipment levels are very good with Sat Nav included in most specs. The Sat Nav and Touchscreen are easy to work too. The digital speedo can easily be converted to Kmh for continental driving. The automatic electric handbrake is very good and works very well. Oddly however a CD player is an optional extra. Verdict. Good car, looks great, but I found the old shape more comfortable to

Robert Slater, Bedfordshire, February 14th 2015

PureTech 110 Allure 5dr

I initially only went to look at this car but ended up trading my Yaris in after driving the 130bhp 1.2 Allure! I went for a slightly smaller engine as performance wasn't an issue. What impresses me most is the quality, comfort and the engine is a gem. I wish there was more space in the back and also more storage space. The car looks great, especially in the higher spec trims. If you are willing to ignore the badge go for a test drive. This is an excellent car.

yogesh thankey, warwickshire, January 7th 2015

PureTech 130 Active 5dr

This is an update to my previous review as it does not appear to be possible to edit it. The model was listed incorrectly - it is an Active 1.2 e-THP 130 500+ miles on I have no reason to change my verdict - it just gets better.

Michael Friedli, June 5th 2014

e-HDi 112 Active 5dr

I own a 2011 308 e-hdi with the 1.6ltr diesel auto box with 10,000 miles on i bought this car for my wife to replace a fuel drinking BMW 530d touring, with an official combined figure of 70.2mpg which i know we would never hit but expected a fair 55-60 which is 10-15 off the claimed mpg to back up these figures for this car my father actually bought the same exact car at the same time and he returns the same mpg as me give or take a few mpg it gets 43mpg!! now i would not be annoyed at this figure if the car claimed 50-55mpg but both cars return 27mpg/30% below the claimed?! we have both filled up and recorded the figures and i am un-happy to say the least with this figures. I don't know what peugeot have been doing in r&d to only get 43mpg out of a 1.6diesel when audi get 40mpg out of a 2.0ltr A3?! In my opinion it amounts to 'lying' by the manufacturer to claim these figures when they are impossible to obtain My other bug is the 'DANGEROUS' loss of power i have observed a few times when trying to pull off and being left stranded half in the oncoming traffics lane with NO POWER! I have owned this car for a few months and it has already been in once for a window issue and booked in for a handbrake fault and a gearbox warning sign.....things are not looking good for the future. the saving grace of this car is the low insurance, low servicing (I HOPE) and low tax bracket. i hope that you read this before buying and get a real picture of this cars mpg

adrian snelius, September 7th 2012

HDi 90 S 5dr

Been hiring out a selection of diesel hatchbacks,in the hope of deciding on a new car. After a Volvo C30,new Citroen C4.kia Ceed,Peugeot 207 and Peugeot 308, the clear winner is the 308 in S trim. Pound for pound this is a seriously good car,offering a better ride and economy than all except the C 4, which it beats on price.The Kia is crude,in comparison.

David Baynam, Other, March 14th 2011

THP SE 5dr Auto

I have owned the 1.6 automatic for a year. It is roomy inside and there are no problems for passengers in the back with either knee room or the sloping roof. I would say that the engine has a sluggish response to the accelerator but the power steering doesn't make it particularly heavy to drive. Given the 70mph speed limit this is not such a problem that would necessarily count against it. I live in Spain and have driven over all sorts of roads without problems and it is high enough not to give too much jerk in the back when going over speed bumps! On the whole, the only issue I have had is the radiator water draining out faster than expected and the screws in the sun visor falling out.

Jacqueline Crawford, Malaga, February 21st 2009

HDi 110 Sport 5dr [6]

I HAVE OWNED THIS 308 110 SPORT DIESEL FOR 11 MONTHS, I LOVE THE LOOK OF THE CAR AND THE DRIVE, BUT I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE RUNNING COSTS, OVER 11 MONTHS AND VARIOUS DRIVING IN TOWN AND ON LONG RUNS THIS CAR DOES NOT DO ANYTHING NEAR WHAT PEUGEOT SAYS IT DOES, MINE DOES 40MPG AROUND TOWN AND THE MOST IVE GOT OUT OF IT ON LONG RUNS IS 47MPG, THIS IS WELL SHORT OF THE 67 MPG PEUGEOT SAY IT DOES. IT HAS BEING IN THE GARAGE DUE TO A RATTLE WHICH HAS BEING PUT RIGHT AND EVEN THOUGH THEY STATE IT IS NOT DOING TO THE GALLON AS IT SHOULD THERE IS NOTHING THEY ARE DOING ABOUT IT. NOT WHAT I EXPECTED FOR A CAR I PAID £15495 FOR

TRACEY STANLEY, November 13th 2008

HDi 90 S 5dr

Have recently had this car on a 24hour test drive as I am wanting to reduce my day to day running costs. Overall impressions have been very positive, strange looks aside. First off the driving experience is significantly better than I expected. I have read the reviews saying that the ride quality is quite poor, but this does not square with my own experience of the car. The ride quality is better than my current Astra, and certainly much better than a Focus. The handling is decent enough, although there is a bit of body roll, and when you press on it can get a little bumpy over bad road surfaces. The steering is generally precise and gives decent feedback. The fuel economy seemed pretty good, having got somewhere in the region of 200 miles out of about £15 of diesel. The £35 road tax would also help. The interior is very spacious and well laid out, and the quality of materials seems pretty high and durable. No rattles from the 12000 mile car I drove. The boot, however, has an awkwardly high lip and isn't particularly big, which is a shame.

Fredrik Rich, West Yorkshire, September 25th 2008

HDi 110 Sport 5dr

I have been on a test drive on the new Peugeot 308 1.6 110 bhp diesel. I own a Honda Civic 2.2 cdti and was planning to part exchange it for the Peugeot. My opinion... The engine is not as responsive as the Honda and you get more equipment like sat nav and HFT with Honda than the Peugeot. Also being a Peugeot driver in the past one thing does scare me which is R for Reliability. I have owned the Honda for over a year and it have been a very solid car.

subhasish sen gupta, west midlands, August 8th 2008

THP SE 5dr

The main feature of this model 308 is it's glass roof. With the internal headlining / blind fully retracked, the entire glass roof panel is revealed. The only snag is it gives the feeling you're driving around in a mobile greenhouse / conservatory, and with blazing sunshine coming into the cabin means the air conditioning needs to be on 'cool' to prevent the occupants from baking alive. Don't get me wrong, this is a wonderful experience - the illusion of open air motoring without the breeze through your barnet, just it seems a shame some extra petrol has to be burnt to get this sensation to feel comfortable. The 308 is a competent car in modern traffic, sufficient space in the rear for adults to sit in for short journeys, but the boot lip seems excessively high to load luggage over (compared to over cars in this class). Infact, that's the 308's main problem, the competition is so strong (that's probably why the glass roof was added to this model as a 'Unique Selling Point'). The only thing I feel lets this motor down is the design of it's front end, it's definite in the 'marmite syndrome' - you'll either love it or hate it. Sadly, I hate it! Shame really, the glass roof was a great gimmick my young sons would love.

Stuart Tidman, Warwickshire, April 10th 2008

HDi 110 SE 5dr

It has taken me a while to make my mind up, but at last i have purchased a 308 se. I owned a 307 estate for six years. It was ok but nothing special. That is something i cant say about the new 308, peugeot,its a great car to drive i have done 1000 miles in two weeks and cannot fault the car. The interior is superb,i think they might have copied a audi dash as it looks the same. If your thinking of buying one make sure you get front and rear parking sensors on, their really handy. I also upgraded to babylon red, it's stunning.I have bought my first ever diesel, its so quiet and even though its only a 1.6 its still very quick. The after sales service has also improved, i bought mine from Robins and Day, and for the first time ever a sales assistant rang me a home to ask how i was getting on with the car,'so if your thiking of buying a new car you must check out the new 308,it's superb.

edward bainbridge, tyne and wear, March 16th 2008

VTi Sport 5dr

Took this car for the 24hour test drive as thinking of upgrading from my 206 GLX Auto. Plenty of room and also very quite. Wind & road noise was minimal. Glove box capacity greatly reduced as over half of it is filled with a fuse box. Plenty of other storage room to compensate for this. The drive was smooth and road humps were not a problem as it rode these out quite smoothly. Cruise control was very useful on the motorway. The dash makes the car look roomier due to its angle and layout is good. Couldn't switch the lights off so asked the sales man where the switch was. I was told these are always on but the garage could disable this feature upon delivery if required. I was quite impressed with the 308 so ordered the 308 THP 140 SE Auto. Didn't test drive this version as none avaliable. Much higher spec and more powerful engine. Will review this model once delivered.

Richard Long, March 4th 2008

HDi 110 SE 5dr

I am now the proud owner of this car having taken delivery on 01.03.08 and what a stunning car it is. This is my sixth car having owned an Escort, MK1 Focus, MK2 Focus, Fiesta and New Corsa before it and this car has turned more heads than any of them (perhaps because the others were a bit dull :0) Anyway, the car is fantastic. So far I have driven it over 700 miles and that was on just one tank of fuel returning 62,7 MPG which is really good going considering the cars weight. The engine is powerful, quiet and ultra smooth - you wouldn't say it was a diesel. You can't hear it in the cabin at all. The car accelerates smoothly and quickly when needed and can manage quite steep hills in Wales without strain. The suspension is also very smooth making the ride quiet and very comfortable. The cabin (mine in black simple leather) is jaw droppingly gorgeous. Very comfortable, spacious and of a very high quality. The SE glass roof, ambient lighting and scent diffuser all add to the quality and enjoyment. There is plenty of storage space throughout although the glovebox is relatively small. The RT4 multimedia system is brilliant allowing you to store 180 of music with complete Sat Nav and Phone functionality. Buying a new car. I would urge you to consider this car.

Matthew Carr, Merseyside, January 7th 2008

HDi 110 Sport 5dr

I took this car for a 24 hour testdrive just before christmas. I have to say, I was most disappointed. I have previously owned a 206cc HDI 110 which of course had the same engine. The cc was fun to drive but had quality and elecrtical issues. The 308 is supposed to herald the start of much higher quality cars along with the 207. I was therefore amazed to find that the new high quality materials being used, were undermined by the inclusion of same very cheap plastics which were present in our 206cc. The excellent engine which I had loved in the cc, felt strained under the weight of the 308 and the car in general provided no driving enjoyment whatsoever. In addition, the car crashed and banged over bumps and there was very noticible wind noise when going over 50mph despite it being a very calm day. The trip computer refused to stay on for more than three seconds. This annoyed me greatly as it meant I was unable to leave the computer showing current mpg. I have checked, and there is no way of altering this. The boot had an awkward entrance making it difficult to get things in and out, and it wasn't wide enough to fit my golf clubs in. Also, it was quite hard to get in and out of without scuffing the large plastic casings above the door sill. Finally, the economy wasn't great, returning mid 40's. I shall certainly not be buying one. I'll stick with my 2006 Astra for now.

Mark Harrington, East Yorkshire, January 3rd 2008