Best and worst small automatic cars 2019
Which small cars work best with an automatic gearbox? We name the best – and the worst...
4. Skoda Fabia 1.0 TSI 110 SE DSG
3. Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 100 ST Line Powershift
There's an awful lot to like about the latest Ford Fiesta, and that includes its Powershift automatic gearbox, which is particularly good when combined with the punchy 1.0-litre Ecoboost petrol engine. True, this combination does push the cost over £18,000 if you also go for our favoured ST Line trim, but our Target Price shows you can get a sizeable lump off that.
- Read our full Ford Fiesta review
- See how much we can save you on a new Ford Fiesta
- Rather lease a Ford Fiesta?
2. Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI 95 FR DSG
The latest Seat Ibiza uses the same automatic gearbox as the A1 and Fabia, but is better than both overall, with its handling and equipment particular strengths. Our favourite engine is the 1.0-litre turbo, although even with this, the Ibiza has to settle for second place on this list.