TDI CR 140 SE 5dr

I have had mine for just over a year, having had an Octavia estate before. Was looking for another Octavia but there were few nearly new around so picked up my Superb Se as a dealer demo 6 months old for a good deal. Great service from Blade Gloucester as well. It's huge and you're aware of that around town but it is surprisingly narrow. Ideal for my needs, though, as I have 2 young boys and bikes to cart around. The 4 year old looks lost in the back seat! Soon learnt to ignore the 61 "combined" mpg. Mine is averaging 43 mpg including daily town work. It's very reassuring and solid but not a driver's car. One day I'll have that Gti! Overall,very pleased but would probably downsize next time round.

christopher hooper, glos, February 8th 2015

TDI CR 170 Elegance 5dr

Having moved to the Superb from an A6 Avant 2.0 Tdi, I could probably sum up very succinctly. Is the Skoda an excellent value for money, spacious, extremely well equipped car, capable in more or less every respect? - undoubtedly yes. Do I prefer it to the Audi A6?- no chance. Although it shares a platform with the Audi and many common parts, you just realise where the extra money spent goes on the Audi. The Skoda gets access to the VW parts bin, whereas the Audi has its own supply. Ergonomically inside as well there are a number of little things that make the driving experience that much more pleasant. Nevertheless to judge the Skoda on its own merits, I opted as a company car primarily for three reasons - 1) budget 2) company car tax 3) space for a tall driver (me) and a growing family. Whatever you have heard about space is true, it has insane amounts of room. In Elegance trim, everything you want is there and more besides. Lots of nice luxuries like footwell lighting, heated rear seats, xenon led lights and yes ... that umbrella in the rear door compartment. The MPG is excellent, I now have the 170 BHP as opposed to the 140 in the Audi and am getting better MPG (45 average over 6500 miles so far and improving steadily). Motorway cruising is extremely relaxed and the 170 engine provides loads of mid-range torque when needed. My one gripe with the Skoda - the Columbus multimedia system, (the VW RDS510 I think). Give me the Audi MMI back any day of the week.

Ian Case, Leicestershire, June 19th 2014

TDI CR 170 Elegance 5dr

In DSG form this is quite simply the best car to buy. It's fast, the leather seats are a match for Volvo's best, the space in the back is bigger than Range Rover provide, the ride and handling are switchable so you can have a bit of fun when in Daft mode (not like a Porsche mid you!)and it costs so little to run(Β£100 1st Service) everyone can run one. The sat nav system lets you play DVD's, the Bluetooth lets you play your iPhone and ITS JUST GREAT. Forget the badge (All the bits under the bonnet are AUDI)and toddle off and one. I had to give mine back to my employer and couldn't get another and I still hanker after it.

Stephen Winter, Tyne and Wear, March 21st 2014

TDI CR Elegance GreenLine III 5dr

If you have a family I think this is one of the best cars you can buy. I came to this as my company car from a lotus so it was always going to be hard to win me over however the spec of the car is fantastic for he price it has every option and the sat nav and touchscreen media system is super easy to use. The car is massively comfortable has tonnes of room for everything, loads of leg room in the back and extremely well made. The 1.6 works fine on the motorway and I've never really regretted not opting for the 2l diesel (although the dsg on that is very good), fuel consumption is 45mpg on 22k miles to date. Risky to call a car the superb but I think it really reflects how good the car is. Definitely recommended.

Geoff Spooner, Warwickshire, March 13th 2014

TDI CR 140 SE 5dr

Purchased 13 pre-reg Superb Estate ex Skoda with approx. 6000 miles on clock in November 2013. First impressions excellent and moved up from Octavia Elegances previously owned. The interior is well equipped and top quality. Space is exceptional and load restraint system great. Have covered about 3500 miles so far in what has been horrendous weather but still has returned approx. 48 mpg overall. Expect more in summer. excellent motorway vehicle and very comfortable even on winding A class roads. Door retracting mirror system has failed using the key fob and dealer has had one go at repairing same but computers down so they could not get further advice from Skoda so still pending. Tyre wear appears excellent and fronts still over 5.5mm and rears 6.75mm measured with calibrated gauge Delighted with vehicle so far and look forward to long distance trip soon

malcolm mcnab, dumfriesshire, February 14th 2014

TDI CR 140 Elegance 4X4 5dr DSG

Having had 2 VW Passat Variant Highlines with the same 170PS engine, but in 2WD, I was expecting great things, and was not disappointed. It is every bit as good as the Passat, better equipped (SATNAV, BI-Xenon headlights and leather upholstery as standard) handles as well, and the 4WD is excellent and comes without plastic wheelarches. The kicker is that it is 3/4 of the price. If you can get over the badge, this is the large estate to drive.

John Henderson , August 9th 2013

V6 Elegance 4X4 5dr DSG [L+K Luxury Pack]

I have just taken ownership of my skoda superb estate 3.6 v6 4x4, i have to say it looks great especially with the bi sirus alloys,in magnetic brown, looks classy, i have just had 2 horrible years owning a xc90, (awful car). So this was a breath of fresh air, i have the l and k pack and you could not ask for any more extras, from tv, heated seats, ventilated seats, sunroof and the list goes on and on. The v6 petrol is extremely powerful and quite when ploding round town but has a great snarl when you put your foot down and is extremely rapid, ok the fuel economy suffers but i dont think i will ever own a diesel again after the xc90, i cant stand the noise and vibrations through the cabin and you really have zero performance until the turbo comes in! The boot is huge 633 litres and it has lots of useful cubby holes to put the kids shoes and books in. The leather seats are extremely comfortable and soft but hold in the corners. Park assist is great especially as you can see how far you are from another car from the huge screen on the dash, this was always a problem on the xc90 (awful car)! The back seats are great and even when my kids stretch there feet all the way out they cannot touch my seat, was always a problem in the xc90 (awful car)! my car before the xc90 (awful car) was an e class estate and i have to say the build quality seems similar if not better, no rattles or noises that should not be there! If you can get over the badge the superb estate is a great car.

paul smith, herts, March 6th 2013

TDI CR 140 SE 5dr

I have had this car since last august and have now driven 13k miles. It has been quite simply brilliant. comfort for driver and passengers is excellent. the car has a genuine quality feel to it. fuel consumption is good for such a big car, I have just returned from holiday in france where it averaged 54.4mpg.I really cannot find anything to complain about. Although originally I was reluctant to leave VW, probably due to old preconceptions of the skoda brand. I am now glad I did. I would strongly recommend this car to anybody looking for a big estate car , it lives up to it's name

DEREK RIMMER, MERSEYSIDE, July 5th 2012

TDI CR 170 Elegance 5dr

Picked up my car on Thursday, then drove the 300 miles back to Holland. First impressions are excellent, it is comfy, has great acceleration, easy to use controls and instrumentation - except for the sat-nav. I am glad it comes with climotronic A/C as I like to be warmer than the wife when travelling. The space in the back is simply enormous, another reason I choose the car. I also added the heated rear seats and smoked windows with sun visors, and the connection for the Ipod, although paying 22 pounds for the cable is, I feel, rather mean on Skodas part. Fuel economy seems to be good, but with only 400 miles on the clock it is difficult to gage. Overall, this is one of the best cars I have ever owned, well done Skoda.

Paul Thornton, March 5th 2012