16V Access 5dr

I am a firm believer in the theory that you get what you pay for in this world. Ownership for 12 months of the Dacia Ambience 1.2 has reinforced that maxim. It was cheap, brand new, passable performance, chunky, sluggish at times and often wanting for pace. It is never going to break any land speed records and I would not fancy my chances competing against the vast majority of small hatchbacks for nippiness. Fine for short trips, no good on motorways. Great boot space, decent headroom ( I am 6' 5") quite economical. Overall, a decent car,no performance to get excited about but at the end of the day a new car for less than £7k. A no brainer really.

Stuart Bird, Suffolk, July 9th 2014

TCe Ambiance 5dr

I previously drove a Kia Picanto and needed something bigger. After researching things a bit, I figured this car was exceptional value for money. I opted for the Stepway, which I think looks a lot better than the standard model, and it comes with a few extra bits and pieces. This isn't a car for adventurous or demanding drivers but I'm not one of those. I wanted space, practicality, reasonable performance and economy and all the simple everyday things, and this car has all of those in spades. It's much nippier and easier to drive than the Picanto and feels much more comfortable. The cabin won't win any design awards but it's roomy and light. A few things feel a bit basic and rough round the edges but none of them are dealbreakers and it feels solid and durable. I really enjoy driving this car and I think Dacia deserve praise for making new car ownership so much more accessible. I would have liked some of the features from the Laureate spec but I didn't need all of them and the jump in price is big - a few more choices with options would be nice, but clearly prices have been kept down by producing a limited range of highly standardised models. It'll be interesting to see how people customise these cars.

Lee Osborne, May 11th 2014

16V Ambiance 5dr

Bought this car as a replacement for Fiat Stilo, so moved down a car class. It does most of what the 10 yr old Stilo used to do, slightly smaller in cabin and the boot seemed to be a little smaller but for its class- supermini- the space in the Sandero is good. The car needs this since we have two pre-teens. Just come back from 400 mile round trip for a four night stay at a caravan park with five of us, wheelchair and luggage crammed in boot- and in cabin- and the 1.2 engine coped, albeit at 60-65 mph down the M5. Petrol consumption is better than our old Stilo 1.2 (Sandero's a lighter car and slightly smaller engine)and tax is cheaper. Insurance was cheaper than I expected as only class 2. My mechanic wanted to see the car (I was getting a regular with the aging Fiat) and recognized the old Clio engine- very cheap to fix and impressed by overall size and under body protection. You do have to compromise, you aren't magically getting a 10k car for 6.6k and if had money would have bought something like a Hyundai i30 but like the idea of having a new car to run into the ground for 6 years and then getting rid of it.

simon Kelsey, west midlands, August 17th 2013

16V Laureate 5dr

Fantastic space & practicality for the price. Ok, its not exactly quick but that aside its decent to drive, comfortable, rides well, more refined than you'd expect, the ergonomics are surprisingly good and its actually quite good fun to drive. As a car it just works. Everything you need, with no unnecessary frippery. Why pay more? Really pleased with my choice.

John Pitt, June 28th 2013

16V Access 5dr

After research I advised my wife to by a Sandero 1.2 Ambience to replace her 10 year old Daewoo Matiz with which she was pleased. We have not regretted it at all. The price was actually cheaper than the Matiz was 10 years back. The quality is superior and in comparison feels like a "real " car. I think that my wife is the idea Sandero customer.

Martin Wood, beds, June 21st 2013

16V Access 5dr

I bought this model simply because it is absurdly cheap to buy and it is possibly the most basic but entirely adequate new car available.No electrics to go wrong no mostly unused gizmos of other cars, it is the old fashioned simple transport of yesteryear, brought up to date.With the 1.2 engine the petrol consumption is liesurely although no ball of fire! This is not what the sandero is about, it is just spacious family transport albeit with apparantly very few vices. I like it.

TREVOR LYONS, AVON, June 17th 2013